Adams web worthy 99 c2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
Ive never heard dynomax in person either. On my tbi truck I had the trush weldeds dual in single out dumped and loved it.. But that was on a rclb. With the crew cab I fear it may be to close to the cab and drone. Since o have to wait to have tailpipes made...im kinda impatient

Adam

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
Sorry to answer your question im looking for tone. Not so much volume. But I would like to hear it in the cab

Adam

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
I had heard they thrush was suppose to be a flowmaster.knockoff. I didnt think mine sounded like a flowmaster at all. Probably gonna go the thrush route 60 bucks for a di/do muffler is hard to pass up.

Adam

1998K1500

Chris
Reaction score
Sorry to answer your question im looking for tone. Not so much volume. But I would like to hear it in the cab

Adam

Hear it in the cab in the form of drone or just hearing the deep tone in the cab? I got the Flowmaster 70 series on my truck and you can hear the low tone of it in the cab but no drone... you're probably looking for louder.. I hear good things about the 50 series HD and there's the 40 and 44 series of course.
Magnaflow has some good sounding mufflers (lots of videos of them on youtube) not sure if it's the sound you're looking for though

I had heard they thrush was suppose to be a flowmaster.knockoff. I didnt think mine sounded like a flowmaster at all. Probably gonna go the thrush route 60 bucks for a di/do muffler is hard to pass up.

Adam

Yeah that's about half the price of a flowmaster (but the flowmaster is stainless). If you like the tone, I'd pull the trigger on it

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
Thats what I want just to get the tone inside the cab. Right now my fan is louder than my exhaust. I like to hear the rpms. The few magnaflows ive heard In person were a little to raspy. I think im gonna jump on the trush and if it drones to much ill route some turndowns temporarily till I can do full tailpipes. Thanks for the help guys soo much easier when you get feedback thats more than just do it..

Adam

1998K1500

Chris
Reaction score
Just for some reference I got Flowmaster's whole American Thunder cat-back system which came with the 70 series big block muffler (as I said before it's deep and you can hear it but it's not piss the neighbors off loud, and it's quiet enough to where there's no drone.) I wish it were louder sometimes and for that reason I think it'd be too quiet for you but for what it's worth here's mine (who knows maybe it'll help you or someone else)

If I had my fan all the way up I would probably hardly hear it.. I never have my fan that high but I doubt i'd hear the exhaust.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLew4pnTvMw

Project Mean Green

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just for some reference I got Flowmaster's whole American Thunder cat-back system which came with the 70 series big block muffler (as I said before it's deep and you can hear it but it's not piss the neighbors off loud, and it's quiet enough to where there's no drone.) I wish it were louder sometimes and for that reason I think it'd be too quiet for you but for what it's worth here's mine (who knows maybe it'll help you or someone else)

If I had my fan all the way up I would probably hardly hear it.. I never have my fan that high but I doubt i'd hear the exhaust.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLew4pnTvMw

Sounds good man! What size tips are those? My pipes are straight back but I'm gonna cut them off were it angles towards the bumper and put tips on. I need something at least 16 inches long also and was looking at 3.5 inch wide tips to maybe 4 inch.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

1998K1500

Chris
Reaction score
Sounds good man! What size tips are those? My pipes are straight back but I'm gonna cut them off were it angles towards the bumper and put tips on. I need something at least 16 inches long also and was looking at 3.5 inch wide tips to maybe 4 inch.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Thanks I just wish it were a bit louder sometimes.

These tips are 3 inches wide according to the website and I'd have to measure to see how long they are but I really like these tips

Flowmaster sells a bunch of tips on their website of all different styles. Some of them are cool so you could always check that out and see if they're what you're looking for. I'm sure magnaflow sells tips on their website too and that's just to name a few of all the places you could get tips.

My thoughts on tips would be to get a style and look in you head that you want and don't stop searching till you find it... Or till you find something even cooler. But flowmaster has some nice ones to look through