accelleration stumble

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

STEBS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
im already lookin at replacin 02's just based on the fact that the truck is long due for em, but on cold mornings (and even mild afternoons) if the truck doesnt warm up for atleast 5-10 min, and i goto to punch it, she stumbles... im wondering about a faulty ect giving a slow signal, or something along the lines of open/closed loop readings not being processed right, possibly a map?

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Until the engine is up to the regulated temp, it stays in open loop. If you t-stat is stuck open and it's taking too long to warm up, it will cause all kinds of drivabilty issues. Best thing to do is figure out why it takes so long to heat up first. My guess would be a T-stat issue.

STEBS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Until the engine is up to the regulated temp, it stays in open loop. If you t-stat is stuck open and it's taking too long to warm up, it will cause all kinds of drivabilty issues. Best thing to do is figure out why it takes so long to heat up first. My guess would be a T-stat issue.

nvr knew a tstat would cuase drivability, it makes sence tho... tsat stay open, engine reads cool, stays in open loop, o2s dont do anything, uses alot of fuel, etc