Ac issues!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfcivic

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone can give me some ideas. The problem is after having the air on for about 45 minutes it stops blowing hard. U can still feel some cool air and hear the blower running but that's it. If I cut it off every 30 minutes long enough to smoke a cig and turn it back on then it works the rest of my hour drive from work.
Can someone help a brother out? It's getting hot here fast!!

1993GMCSierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you leave it on "Hi", does it slow down eventually too, or only on Med-low, Med, or Med-Hi?

smurfcivic

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Also might I add that when it does this I get a little drip action on my pass floor board.

smurfcivic

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I actually replaced it a few months back. Gonna hook up the gauges this weekend and check freon. I'm thinking it may be to high but haven't added any in over a year.

Dobby97

Reaction score
Did you ever fix this problem?
Mine is kinda doing the same thing. When its on high it blows like med or less sometimes and also if you get on the gas hard it wlll kick it up back to blowing hard like it should. Doesn't always blow harder when you punch it but it helps sometimes. Also after it does start to blow hard from hitting the gas, it doesn't stay for long.

96Z71ECSB

Old Gearhead
Reaction score
Also might I add that when it does this I get a little drip action on my pass floor board.

Actually the evaporator is not freezing, it's filling up with condensation (water).
Unplug the drain tube that goes through the firewall. It's at the passenger firewall and it's a rubber tube about 3 or 4 inches long.
Blow it out with compressed air or use a stiff piece wire to unplug it.
Beware: you may get water out of it.