AC Compressor & Relay wiring Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kutthroat

Reaction score
I traced the ground wire from the ac relay under the hood fuse box and the ground [or black] wire coming off the ac compressor and both wires seem to go to a splice that's inside the engine wiring harness. [Pictures attached] I'm instaling ac in a non ac truck so my question is can I ground these wires anywhere else when I put it inside the truck and if not does anyone know where I can get another one of these metal clips??

Attachments

• 20230721_163654.jpg
    20230721_163654.jpg
    244.1 KB · Views: 12
  • 20230721_163733.jpg
    20230721_163733.jpg
    264.6 KB · Views: 12

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are you holding the splice? If so you can get bare connectors/ tube type compression splice at home Depot or Lowe's in the electric supply area. There are regular crimp connectors that are for joining to different wire sizes. Or say 3 each awg 12 with 6 awg 12 on the other side. Easiest might be copper tube splice and shrink tube. Depends on how fancy and tricked out you wanna be. Good luck!

Kutthroat

Reaction score
Are you holding the splice? If so you can get bare connectors/ tube type compression splice at home Depot or Lowe's in the electric supply area. There are regular crimp connectors that are for joining to different wire sizes. Or say 3 each awg 12 with 6 awg 12 on the other side. Easiest might be copper tube splice and shrink tube. Depends on how fancy and tricked out you wanna be. Good luck!
Thanks for the info I guess instead of messing with the two wires and putting them in the splice in the new harness could I just ground it somewhere else

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Your choice, repair like factory had it place new ground. Just remember you've made a change for future diagnostic. Good luck!