Ac compressor issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

_nickjoseph

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
97 k1500 replaced everything except for the compressor and it’s making a noise while running, not blowing cold and not taking freon, clutch keeps stopping. Any ideas on the issue?
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
97 k1500 replaced everything except for the compressor and it’s making a noise while running, not blowing cold and not taking freon, clutch keeps stopping. Any ideas on the issue?
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
If I were to hazard a guess, I'd say your system is over pressurized. That's odd since you say you've replaced the components in the system, so if you measured correctly when refilling the system, it should be at the proper pressure. Hopefully it didn't damage the compressor.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

_nickjoseph

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If I were to hazard a guess, I'd say your system is over pressurized. That's odd since you say you've replaced the components in the system, so if you measured correctly when refilling the system, it should be at the proper pressure. Hopefully it didn't damage the compressor.

I barely added any. I even took freon out then added a tiny bit and it acts the same

_nickjoseph

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What components exactly did you replace?

Orifice condenser drier and the hoses. Just didn’t change compressor. The compressor worked last year but I busted a line working so just had to replace them

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Orifice condenser drier and the hoses. Just didn’t change compressor. The compressor worked last year but I busted a line working so just had to replace them
So the system was depressurized. How much refrigerant did you add?

L29Sub

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Get the guages on it. Verify that the compressor works. Cycling on and off could be low or too high. Noisy compressor when operating probably indicates a bad compressor.
Turn the hub and see if the compressor feels "crunchy"...it won't turn easily, but should feel smooth.
If compressor has set depressurized, it's likely failed. They corrode in short time once any moisture gets in...and if sat around with no freon, it has moisture in it.
Assuming you pulled a vacuum on the system and it held?

_nickjoseph

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So the system was depressurized. How much refrigerant did you add?

I used ac pro and used a small amount but I took it out and started over and just by adding 3 oz of pag 150 it went red

_nickjoseph

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Get the guages on it. Verify that the compressor works. Cycling on and off could be low or too high. Noisy compressor when operating probably indicates a bad compressor.
Turn the hub and see if the compressor feels "crunchy"...it won't turn easily, but should feel smooth.
If compressor has set depressurized, it's likely failed. They corrode in short time once any moisture gets in...and if sat around with no freon, it has moisture in it.

It’s been sitting with a busted line since last year

_nickjoseph

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

I pulled vacuum and it did hold but in the video it’s noise and will cut off and blow warm air and feels like it doesn’t wan to take any freon sometimes