AC Aux Fan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drhoward1988

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So this might not be the right section, but I'm not sure where to post. Truck is 1994 GMC K3500 5.7L manual trans. This is probably a dumb question but did these trucks come equipped with a condenser Aux Fan for the AC? I've never noticed one, my ac worked fine up until last week when I started leaking. I'm gonna replace my condenser and noticed on rock auto that there where Aux fans for the condenser. Where are they located? Anyone have pictures? Thanks in advanced

grampadirt

On MEDICARE Officially Old
Reaction score
As you can see the fan is to the passenger side of the vehicle...I replaced the 9''(I think)fan with a 16''.I used the OEM fan to cool an extra trans cooler.

You must be registered for see images attach

drhoward1988

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
As you can see the fan is to the passenger side of the vehicle...I replaced the 9''(I think)fan with a 16''.I used the OEM fan to cool an extra trans cooler.

You must be registered for see images attach
Thanks for the info. Does it wire off just the compressor clutch or does it jump off a thermostat as well?

grampadirt

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Does it wire off just the compressor clutch or does it jump off a thermostat as well?
I think it's supposed to come on when I turn the A/c on but it doesn't for some reason so I rigged a toggle switch.I turn it on in stop 'n go traffic.Also it comes on by itself when the engine temp gets about 220(which it never does).

grampadirt

Reaction score
Forgot to mention...the temp sensor for the fan is in the passenger side head on my 454,not sure where it is on a 350.

90halfton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Can just use AC compressor clutch power to power a relay for aux fan. That's what I'm going to do as soon as I get around to it

drhoward1988

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had planned on jumping a wire from the ac clutch circuit to power a relay for the fan. I'd also like to install another temp switch so the fan will come on when temps get over 210.

Casey916

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why does. My. 98 chevy c1500 cheyenne manual transmission not have that fan.. Is that normal or should I have a fan like that on my truck

AuroraGirl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Why does. My. 98 chevy c1500 cheyenne manual transmission not have that fan.. Is that normal or should I have a fan like that on my truck
YOu dont have an automatic transmission which means you have a lot less heat and things needed to cool. if you dont have AC or if you dont have anything to suggest "towing" centric, like an oil cooler absent etc.. you would less need it even more