ABS light problem again

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jw_96

96 K1500
Reaction score
Well about 2 months ago my abs light came on and it turned out to be a blown fuse. Replaced, cleared codes, was fine. This morning driving to school. Abs light again. I have a hard time believing the fuse has blown again. Haven't checked yet but I will and will update later. If the fuse has blown what could be blowing it? What other things in the truck are there that have to do with the ABS? Speed sensors? Truck is 1996 k1500 rclb 5.7 vortec nv3500. Not afraid to tear into the front suspension. I am mechanically inclined. It needs front brakes anyway, i was planning on doing them soon.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

tinfoil_hat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It would be interesting to see if the fuse has popped again. I have fixed some wonky intermittent ABS problems by changing the wheel speed sensors. I didn't know which one was bad but it seems like the kind of thing you change in pairs anyway. They were cheap enough. No idea if a bad sensor will blow a fuse, though. Maybe if the insulation cracked and it was shorting out.