!998 Extended Cab Short bed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vic obs

Reaction score
I found this 98 with 139k miles. 5.7 vortec with 4sp automatic. It has no rust and only 1 very small ding on the hood. The upholstery was all original and no wear or tears except for the headlinging which was water damaged around the windshield. I put a new seal for the windshield now I want to find a new headliner and a overhead console. I changed to a Magnaflow with a double 2 1/2" in and single 3 inch out behind the wheel well. I put some new 15" coopers on the stock wheels but I just picked up a set of American racing AR720 Python 8x17 so I guess another new set of tires are coming. I just picked up the componets to go from a 3.42 open rear to 3.73 posi. New brakes all around and a 2002 GMT800 master cylinder. I installed a tyger trifold bed cover with a pop lock for the tail gate. More to come as you all know.

red98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I found this 98 with 139k miles. 5.7 vortec with 4sp automatic. It has no rust and only 1 very small ding on the hood. The upholstery was all original and no wear or tears except for the headlinging which was water damaged around the windshield. I put a new seal for the windshield now I want to find a new headliner and a overhead console. I changed to a Magnaflow with a double 2 1/2" in and single 3 inch out behind the wheel well. I put some new 15" coopers on the stock wheels but I just picked up a set of American racing AR720 Python 8x17 so I guess another new set of tires are coming. I just picked up the componets to go from a 3.42 open rear to 3.73 posi. New brakes all around and a 2002 GMT800 master cylinder. I installed a tyger trifold bed cover with a pop lock for the tail gate. More to come as you all know.
Happy to welcome another red '98 to the forum! Sounds like a good set of mods to start.

jaywestfall

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Yeah. That's what I have, but mine is green metallic. Welcome!