99 Denali Mirrors on a 97 K1500, help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sierra97

Reaction score
Hey so ive finally come across a pair of 99 denali mirrors that are heated and possibly auto dimming, big question, the plug on the mirror has a female plug for 8 pins, my k1500 has power mirrors but not heated, I do not know how many pins the plug on my truck has, question is if it is just plug and play? Or is this more complicated? if so has anyone done it before? i like the stock look so they are mirrors off a GMT400, not a GMT800, any help would be great, especally if someone has a diagram of which pins power what features, thanks!

Birchyboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You could probably got a junk yard and find Yukon SLT (or Tahoe equivalent) and get the harness from the door. You'd then have to graft that onto your wiring, adding power for the heater. You'd likely need the matching rear view mirror, etc. for the auto-dimming to work. The SLT should have that, too.

sierra97

Reaction score
I have the pig tail and a bit of wiring from the denali i picked it off of, and currently have a compass and tempurature auto dimming mirror in my truck, i more or less need to find out what pins power what features, i was expecting to splice the auto dimming mirrors into my rear view, and possibly use my toggle switch for the heated mirrors so they are not on all the time