98 chevy silverado 5.7 liter starting project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
$30k? daymn....send some of that my way...

if you've got that amount of cash, why not go for an LS9 or something...638hp 604ft*lbs, completely stock with stock supercharger...or if you want to be N/A, a stock LS7 puts out 505hp and 470ft*lbs...and those are totally 100% stock engines....

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why the bds lift? An I don't think your going to clear 40's+ even with a 6+3. You should probably look at a SAS if you have to have tires that big...

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
If you want to spend 30k on this rig, with 500+ HP and the ability to clear 40's then there are two things I would do.

For the lift, get in contact with the people from Triple *** traction. They make top of the line linked solid axle kits.

For the engine I would get a crate LS9. For a little extra cash you can actually go to the GM plant and assemble the engine yourself with the assistance of the engine builders at GM.

-Sent from my twin turbo Desire using diesel fuel.-

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
With his budget I don't think he cares much about tht price! Haha

-Sent from my twin turbo Desire using diesel fuel.-

Monsterkicks

Reaction score
Why the bds lift? An I don't think your going to clear 40's+ even with a 6+3. You should probably look at a SAS if you have to have tires that big...

Bds lift because I know that it's a solid lift and very reliable. Ive done a lot of research but still really can't find exactly what I want.

I'd like to be able to smoke 40-44" tires without putting a 12 inch suspension in....if that's my only option so be it. Where would I look to find out more info on being able to do this?

Is an LS swap with 6.0 cam, headers an all enough hp to turn 40's?

What are your thought?!

Last edited:

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
You simply aren't going to clear 40's-44's and have a drivetrain that can handle that much HP and tires that large using an IFS lift. Any OBS you see that isn't a show truck with tires that big will have a solid front axle conversion, and those usually have mildly modified stock power plants.