98 c1500 4.3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

outlawten5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
New to me project. Fixed all the shorts in the steering column and reset the passlock, Finally got the engine running, idles ok after cranking over several times but wont rev. Did a major tune up including fuel filter. Same problem. Almost feels like a plugged converter but I dropped the exhaust and no change. MAF, TPI, or fuel pump? I have a multi-meter but not a pressure gauge to check pump. Although I hear it running. Ideas? Thoughts? 4.3

outlawten5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Fuel pressure is at 60psi with key on and doesn't leak down. MAF was pretty dirty so I cleaned it with CRC MAF cleaner. No change. Hard to start, idles great, I can get it to 2500 but then it stumbles and dies. Pulling my hair out. Any ideas? Thanks

Eskimomann209

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah
More details on the major tune up please.
No codes to assist with narrowing it down?

joep88cheyenne

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Have you changed the fuel filter? Sounds like issue I've had in the past, chased by fuel filter being silted/loaded up. Would start and run but increase demand for fuel filter would not let it pass in that amount.