98 5.7 the miss is almost gone but im stuck...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Black an tan Z71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alright guys, so a lil while back I fueled up my lifted gas hog an shortly after developed a miss. Tried running fuel cleaner thru it to no avail. Found out the pumps I got fuel from had a batch of bad fuel. Well I finally narrowed it down to my injectors, took off the top manifold an found the rear of the intake had fuel in it so I replaced my injectors with the mfi upgrade from napa. Drove it an wasn't still right.
Put a new set of a.c. delco plugs in since it was that time an i figured the bad injectors probably messed em up anyway. Now, when j drive the truck kinda stumbles leavin from a stop an when I get to 4k rpms she starts a bad misfire. Also power braking she breaks up on that load. Pretty much the truck drives fine when driven easily but any load an she breaks up. Also I just put a new distributor an fuel pump in a few months ago an I did check the fp an its still at 58 lbs at idle. Anyone got a idea?

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Any engine light on by chance.. If you where dumping that much fuel to stay in the manifold you might have been running rich enough to kill the Of sensors..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Black an tan Z71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any engine light on by chance.. If you where dumping that much fuel to stay in the manifold you might have been running rich enough to kill the Of sensors..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Yes but the only code I have had is a p 300 random misfire. An when the truck does misfire the cel will flash multiple times

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
If you have the means to do so, check the injector timing. Mine was showing -45° because the cam sensor in the distributor was not plugged in properly. one of the pins got bent over when i plugged it back up after the motor swap.

Black an tan Z71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you have the means to do so, check the injector timing. Mine was showing -45° because the cam sensor in the distributor was not plugged in properly. one of the pins got bent over when i plugged it back up after the motor swap.

I think im gonna check the sensor at least. The timin was set professionally after I put the new distributor in but I had to unplug the sensor to get the fuel lines removed when I replaced the injectors. Part of me is thinkin I need a compression test because I did have some oil on my number 8 spark plug when I changed it..

88 Z28 Guy

Reaction score
I was just about to post saying check the dizzy. I had a reman one go out on me within 3 months. I believe the upper bearings on them are faulty. I chased around a slight misfire on my green truck for a while and finally found that the shaft would wiggle if u pulled it up but not if u pushed it down. So being that the dizzy shaft gets forced upward as rpms go up mine would only misfire under a load and a little during cruising.