98 3500 single wheel 6" lift kit help!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Captainj85

Reaction score
I have a 98 3500 4wd single wheel that I am having trouble locating a 6" lift for. After talking to a Rough Country dealer
I was told they did not offer one for the 3500. Apparently, there is a difference between the 2500 and 3500. I recently
replaced my lower control arm bushings and had a nightmare locating the right bushings. I have found that GM
offered cast and stamp lower control arms and I guess I have the stamped. The bushings show to fit an 03-06 Hummer.
After checking on the procomp website they state theirs only fits the cast lower.
Has anyone ran into this problem? Help!!!
Thanks
Captain

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard!

I don't believe I have ever seen one either, for a 2wd 3500. :(
Seems like a body lift, or SAS'ing is going to be your options.

MinnesotaChevy

Gasser or Diesel?
Reaction score
I'm not an expert but why don't you just look for a 4 in lift and get a 2 in body lift or just block and crank it some more all a 6 is at least for 1500 and 2500 is a 4in with block or add a leaf and cranked more.

Or you could replace the control arms some how but that would be a pita

Just my input again I am no expert.

Oh and welcome aboard as welll

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I'm not an expert but why don't you just look for a 4 in lift and get a 2 in body lift or just block and crank it some more all a 6 is at least for 1500 and 2500 is a 4in with block or add a leaf and cranked more.

Or you could replace the control arms some how but that would be a pita

Just my input again I am no expert.

Oh and welcome aboard as welll
Not true many 6 inch kits are full 6 inch drops there's more than one manufacturer of lifts not all lifts are RCX