97 silverado 3 door 5.7L (350) driver

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
I have had this truck for a while. After the clear coat started pealing, I looked at my options and diced to put some money in it. Before painting the truck I did some performance up grades. I replaced the thermostat with a 170 degree, and replaced all the cooling system hoses. Then I took off the Vortec box and capped off the hole with a ***** can. and a large hose clamp. I installed a Spectre high flow air filter in the air original air box. I took off the throttle body and cut off the diffuser plate, then replaced. I tried a throttle body spacer but that actually slowed the top end of the truck and did nothing to the take off performance, so I removed it. I installed a billet distributor getting rid of that plastic one that came stock. I installed a set of Summit shorty headers and removed the stock muffler. I replaced it with 2 old school 24 inch glass packs, and ran 2 tail pipes coming out of the back with some custom stainless steel tips than I built, and welded to the receiver hitch. I then bought a Jet tuner and reprogramed the computer to max performance. I used premium gas at first but tried some regular and found it runs just as good on that. I striped the rims with some spray paint stripper and buffed them out with some polishing compound, then painted the inner center spicks flat black. I had the truck repainted in October with single stage paint with built in clear and the rally strips painted on for $863. I am still cant believe how good my the $863 dollar paint job looks. I have a co worker that has a 2013 Southern Comfort 4 door C 1500 with a 5.3 and I can just out run him. My truck has just over 203,000 miles and it dose NOT burn any oil what so ever. It is at the same place on the dip stick when I change it as it was when I filled it 3000 miles earlier. The next up grade I am thing about is a lunch box locker for the rear end. I'm tired of the one wheel peel.

Last edited:

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
these guys are awsome Thanks Fact-o-bake in Lafayette La.

New pics today after the paint shop repaired the peeling on the crease under then bed rail passengers side, and they repainted the roof. Warranty work on the original paint job in October, These guys are awesome.

Last edited: