'97 K1500 Suburban stalling after long drive

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scott Martin

Reaction score
Mine croaked pretty much all at once. Was starting the truck (last summer when dealing with the hard start/Passlock issues) and trying to keep it running, and the idle kept fluctuating radically. Normally it starts running at 1000rpm then goes down to 600. Called my cousin who's a retired fleet mechanic and used to have 91 eclb pickup, barely had the barest symptom description out, and he said most likely that's what it was. Replaced it and it was probably the original one. Then a few days later the idle air control valve went out too, was warned by another mechanic friend that would likely happen. Runs fine ever since.
Did you ever figure out your passlock problem?

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Seeping? To the outside and dribbling down the front of the engine?

By what I've read of your mechanicing efforts HWB, I can't see the manifold gasket defeating you. I think I may be doing mine this summer and the sticky 'how to' on this thread gives the low down on how to. Nothing too scary there - I'l wager you could do it.
There's a picture of the fuel injectors/spider in situ here on this thread, post #9 from member @ murdershewrote. Hope this helps