97 GMC Suburban K1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Been trying to reach you since last week, you still want those rims? Marked them pending sale, if you don't want them let me know

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
New tires look great man! My truck needs an alignment too, and after that some new tires...after I get the lift kit.

homeijer

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks i want a lift so bad too. Now I've just been through some family crap and then on top of that my power steering went during the first snow storm. Got the truck in the shop with the new pump and my teacher says "are you losing coolant". Turns out that day my water pump wanted to go too. So i got the new pump started on a monday and my teacher does not like me for some reason so he dragged it out till Wednesday. First time i did not have my truck for days :( I never wanna go through that again. But got it all fixed hopefully it will stay that way i can fix my front end and get it aligned so i don't eat my tires.

homeijer

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So got the new pumps in and was okay for a couple days then realized i had lost all my power steering fluid again so rushing to get to the best go kart place in the entire world and was join to be late i put some in brought the container with me, drove out there fine no probs at all. After some good racing and hanging out in the shop next door i go to leave and she is just cranking. Started her with starting fluid but that was it. Diagnosis fuel pump. So pushed her in the shop and cut out the inline fuel filter, cut because of all the rust, and mounted a little electric pump. After one guy tapped into the wrong wire and a very annoyed owner we came to the conclusion that it was not enough pressure. Why i forgot that our pumps are high pressure idk but the night ended like this…
attachment.php

Happy Birthday to me right?
Then me my uncle and two cousins went to retrieve my burban with his new one, if it didn't start snowing i would have taken pictures because it look pretty cool:)
attachment.php

homeijer

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So a little update the truck has been sitting since, thats why i have not been on here but last week i had the fuel pump fixed so she's rolling again
attachment.php

One of the worst sights
attachment.php

But me and my wallet have decided that i am going to be keeping the burban so the changes will start, first I cut off the thule bars off, rusted, then i just platidipped the rims all black and started scraping some of the rust off. And when i start work next week ill get the front end parts. Ill take pics tomorrow and will prob have little things every day.

homeijer

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Little update, so i fought some ice and lost
attachment.php

so if any1 wants to donate a rear bumper :) as for the front I blacked out the chrome on the grill and pulled the trim off. I took the air dam off to jb weld the crack but i think it just may stay off...makes her look higher! I saw someone on here use acorn bolts and washers to fill the holes in the bumper if anyone either knows who that was so i can look at it again or if you did something else to fill holes I'm listening.
attachment.php

lastly started grinding off the screws to take the chrome fender flares and i think it looks so much better but that will take days "because the grinder is too loud to do everyday" said my shop teacher so ill work on detrimming tomorrow
attachment.php

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Little update, so i fought some ice and lost
attachment.php

so if any1 wants to donate a rear bumper :) as for the front I blacked out the chrome on the grill and pulled the trim off. I took the air dam off to jb weld the crack but i think it just may stay off...makes her look higher! I saw someone on here use acorn bolts and washers to fill the holes in the bumper if anyone either knows who that was so i can look at it again or if you did something else to fill holes I'm listening.
attachment.php

lastly started grinding off the screws to take the chrome fender flares and i think it looks so much better but that will take days "because the grinder is too loud to do everyday" said my shop teacher so ill work on detrimming tomorrow
attachment.php

aloy of people use a chtom strip to cover the bumper holes Thomas just did it yesterday or the day before and u can also drille the screws out thats quieter

homeijer

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
yea my teacher just does not like me i could use my fingers to slowly chip away at them and it would be to loud.