97 C 1550 Aftermarket wheel installed no horn power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ahirlo

Reaction score
Hey Guys
I installed a aftermarket wheel Forever sharp and now I have no power for the horn button all fuses are good horn relay has power on one side
Any ideas
Thanks

Dubs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sounds to me like the horn wire was cut. Run another wire and see if that fixes it

ahirlo

Reaction score
No horn wire just a long spring going to the contact on the steering column attached the new horn button to this still not working
Thanks

delta_p

OBS Chevrolet, When Silverado Was A Trim
Reaction score
The little contact plunger pin and spring on the original wheel is the horn switch that completes the ground on the control side of the relay. put it back in the hole with the wheel off and use a piece of wire to ground the end something while pushing to contact. It should fire up the horn if everything is working except at the wheel.

If the horn works, then you'll have to mod up something to make the new wheels horn button cap work.
What I saw on their page looked like their horn cap has a switch in it and a wire from the switch wrapped around a bolt to ground it. Make sure that didn't come loose. You would have to rig up the original or something else in the plunger hole so it is continuous contact so the only switch is the new wheels switch.