96k1500's 89 xj build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bearcat91

CRASH
Reaction score
man i wish i ttook this trade back when i had the black truck some times! the brush guard done yet?

You must be registered for see images attach

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes a sye is a must at anything 4" and up. Some have gotten by with out but there angles are all wrong because of it. And also look into a long arm kit for the front. Will perform better then a short arms off road.

Sent from what use to be a great country.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
slip yokoe eliminator from omix eta. my coworker has an xj with a 5in lift on it and 33's with 4.56's and he built himself a driveshaft and used the slip yoke eliminator.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Here's what I would do if I had another XJ. 3.5" rubicon express. With 34/11.50 Super Swamper LTB's with cut fenders and bump stops.

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My play toy...
You must be registered for see images

The bumper I welded up for it
Before paint

Painted and winch and lights

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
man i wish i ttook this trade back when i had the black truck some times! the brush guard done yet?

You must be registered for see images attach

Gotta smooth a couple welds still, weld it to the bumper and paint/bedline

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Yes a sye is a must at anything 4" and up. Some have gotten by with out but there angles are all wrong because of it. And also look into a long arm kit for the front. Will perform better then a short arms off road.

Awesome thanks for the info, been asking on the cherokee forum but nobody over there comments on anything so figured id ask her, for daily droving and occasional offroad would long arm still be better? Whats the pros/cons between long arm and short arm? Ive been looking at RE and rough country kits and planning on runnin bushwacker cutout flares with 33s, if i have to get an sye for 4.5" i might as well get 6.5"

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
slip yokoe eliminator from omix eta. my coworker has an xj with a 5in lift on it and 33's with 4.56's and he built himself a driveshaft and used the slip yoke eliminator.

With the sye i will be running a factory front cv shaft like intended haha

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would not run a cv style shaft they suck. Cv style is a constant velocity joint like a front wheel drive car uses. The do not hold up well at all off road. Use a double Cardin style(has two u-joints on the transfer case side). That's what you should have on the front of yours now is a double Cardin joint shaft as long as you have a np231 transfer case and not the np242. But the best thing is to get one made for the right dimension for your application.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
89joechevy