96 vortec 7400 problems, need help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CAPTNDAVIE

Reaction score
I have a 1996 2500 suburban with the 7400 454. It has just shy of 110k miles on it. It has the hard start issue and I need to do the injectors and fuel pressure regulator. It has in the last week developed a miss and runs rough. I have also noticed an oil leak on the right side of the engine but have not been able to look at it closely to determine the source of the oil leak. I have replaced plugs and wires around 30k miles ago as well as the fuel pump and filter.

First question is what injectors and fuel pressure regulator should I use? I see folks have used FiveO motor sports for injectors but the part number I have seen most used is no longer available.

Second question is what other things should I do while in there? I am thinking going through distributor is one I should.

Third, what the heck could be my miss/rough running problem? Ideas? A buddy told me to check the Pcv stuff.

Thanks for the help. I need it.

1996k1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Check that oil leak fast. Leakin oil on a BB is not good. (I baby my cars)

Personally I would use AC Delco parts so it can at least run.
If you want to do the distributor go for it but if doesn't need to be done, don't worry about it.
And the rough idle problem could be a few different things. Vacuum leaks and PCV. Also check for air leaks in the air intake.