96+ ht383e crate motor help /information needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RCMOTORSPORTS

Reaction score
Thinking about running the gm performance ht383e crate motor and was wondering if I have too run upgraded injectors or are stock injectors able to supply enough fuel and I was gonna run a black bear tune or are there better tunes out there ? Any info would be helpful this is my 6th gmt400 truck but I've always had older ones I could put a carb on

El Tigre

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My information is that the stock intake/injectors,and the stock MAF/PCM will self-adapt to the different displacement in short order after installation.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I know someone who is running this 383 and it is a beast. It is a direct replacement for our trucks. They have one for TBI and one for Vortec, both with 370 HP and 7 year, 70,000 mile warranty, for less than $3000. When he put it in it ran good with the stock tune, and stock parts, but he now has a dyno tune and it raised the HP to just over 400, He says it runs better all around with the dyne tune, here is the link, http://pmcmachine.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=35

Last edited: