96 2dr tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1sick65malibu

Reaction score
well hopefully going to start on cleaning the truck up. going to clean the frame and coat it with POR15. make a dual shock hoop and install fox 2.0 smooth body resi's and put on some HD tow mirrors for now. phase 2 will hopefully take place before summer and will consist of power coating the lift kit silver and adding fox resi's out back! i'm hoping to get going on it soon, just need to get the hydro tube bender. will update as i make progress.
here is what im stating with
You must be registered for see images attach

im buying new clamps
You must be registered for see images attach

Dave

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice truck. Are those 2.0 shocks made for trucks with 6" lifts? I have been thinking about getting some.

1sick65malibu

Reaction score
Nice truck. Are those 2.0 shocks made for trucks with 6" lifts? I have been thinking about getting some.

You need to get the right length shocks for your set up. Since I am building my shock hoop I went with the 6.5s and I believe most dual shock hoops require that length also like full throttle.

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
Nice! I just saw this thread. I think even gun metal or the silver like your rocker panels would look nice on the suspension

1sick65malibu

Reaction score
i found a silver i like, im going to powder coat those hoops the silver and see how it looks on the truck an go from there.

1sick65malibu

Reaction score
question what do u guys think of black tow mirrors, black grill with black insert, and black head lights ect. with smoked rear taillights? or all color matched with chrome bumper and polished grille insert with clear headlights?

YeA HoE

Reaction score
Honestly with the color of your truck i think you should just color match the bumpers and tow mirrors abut leave the grill chrome with a polished billet instert and yes smoke the rears. I love ur wheel and tire combo but is it neccesary to have a 6"+ lift for that ?

stantheman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Honestly with the color of your truck i think you should just color match the bumpers and tow mirrors abut leave the grill chrome with a polished billet instert and yes smoke the rears. I love ur wheel and tire combo but is it neccesary to have a 6"+ lift for that ?

Agreed!