96 2 door Tahoe ls swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ovaddiesr

Reaction score
Refreshed the rear end with new 3.73 gears and a true trac differential. I also took this time to remove the slip yoke and shave it down to remove etching , nickel plate .002 oversize and turned down to oem size(didn’t cost anything, I work in aerospace electroplating)

You must be registered for see images attach

ovaddiesr

Reaction score
What year suburban did you get the sway bar from? Curious if this might work for my 2wd 2dr Tahoe. What all was involved in getting it bolted in?
I used a late gmt400 suburban sway bar. I think it was like a 98. All I needed was the frame brackets and made my own mounts on the axle. I used a 99 Escalade rear end later on and installed the true trac in it.the Escalade rear had the mounts already from factory

ovaddiesr

Reaction score
What year suburban did you get the sway bar from? Curious if this might work for my 2wd 2dr Tahoe. What all was involved in getting it bolted in?
I used a late gmt400 suburban sway bar. I think it was like a 98. All I needed was the frame brackets and made my own mounts on the axle. I used a 99 Escalade rear end later on and installed the true trac in it.the Escalade rear had the mounts already from factory

ovaddiesr

Reaction score
Removed the front diff and replaced it with a low mile unit from an Escalade. I replaced the stub axle bearings and seals while it was out. Reason for swap was the new rear end is 3.73 and the old front was 3.42

You must be registered for see images attach

ovaddiesr

Reaction score
to get the her running what was done to the wire harness?
I sent the harness out using a service on eBay. They removed all unnecessary wiring and flash the ecu according to my mods and request. I removed the vats(vehicle anti theft system) rear o2 and emissions.