96 2 door Tahoe ls swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ovaddiesr

Reaction score
Where did find out your facts and info on the electronics? I'm about to do my 96 Tahoe and trying to find out about OBD1 etc.

Thanks- love your build
I just printed out the stuff from LT1 swap on google. Traced everything down and it was pretty simple. My Speedo still doesn’t work because I need another vss signal but it’s been working great

Estesross77

Reaction score
Do I need to run both computers? I have a 6.0 out of a 2003 Yukon xl the Trans is the same one that came with the 1996.

ovaddiesr

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
I’m using the 96 harness to read the sensors to my gauges. The ls harness only runs the engine once it’s started. I put an adapter on the block to read oil pressure on the back of the block(the ls ecm doesn’t need it). I used an adapter on the passenger head to read coolant temp (the ls ecm uses the right head). The gen 4 harness uses its own ecm to run the trans. I spliced the new trans harness into the old one for the neutral safety and range sensors to read accurately.