96 2 door Tahoe ls swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ovaddiesr

Reaction score
Nice build. Any pictures of the axle mounts you made for the Burb sway bar?
I didn’t make the mounts. I just used an Escalade rear end with the mounts built onto it already. The first time I installed the sway bar I used exhaust clamps on the axle. It won’t let me post the pics I have so I’ll try again in a few.

ovaddiesr

Reaction score
Some pics of the recent stuff I did. I’ve taken care of what I feel are most of the weak points so I’m seeing a turbocharger in the near future.

You must be registered for see images attach

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cool build!! I bought an LQ4 for my Tahoe, plan on turbo'n it, but for now just get it in and running. But even that won't happen for a couple years.

But for the sway bar, I put one in my 2wd Tahoe. It bolted in. I took all the stuff an Escalade, but anything that has the rear bar will work. All I had to do was bolt the frame mounts on, and had to cut the threads in the axle mount. Did it with a 3/8 ratchet.

ovaddiesr

Reaction score
So I decided to do the nbs brake knuckle upgrade because I run into brake fade and molten hot rotors every time I do some spirited driving. Last time I tried to slow down from over 130mph I warped both the tiny drilled and slotted rotors. The back hold up fine but since they are disc conversion rotors from a 2003 Sierra, the back rotors are bigger than the front and cause a dangerous slow down on slippery surfaces.

ovaddiesr

Reaction score
Btw I didn’t just slap those rusty knuckles on. I disassembled them, vapor degrease, abrasive blast with 180 grit, ream the top ball joint hole, zinc nickel plated both, painted black, reassembled and mounted.

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
so the upper balljoint taper is really all that is different?

Ty Snear

Reaction score
It was actually very easy. The engine fits like it was designed for our trucks. I'm currentlyin the process of getting my speedometer and tach to work. For now I just use a speedo app on my cell. I used my old pcm to run the gauges and my remote start still functions great.

Where did find out your facts and info on the electronics? I'm about to do my 96 Tahoe and trying to find out about OBD1 etc.

Thanks- love your build