95 k2500 suburban 454 SES code 36

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought a Snap-On Solus Pro used, from eBay. $350 shipped to my door, including battery, battery charger, user manuals on DVD, several vehicle adapters 'n' cables, software good to 2007 (8.2, released in 2008, 2nd quarter) and a bigass suitcase to store it all in.

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
Had the time yesterday evening to tinker with it some more. Seems the ports are reversed on the new solenoid valve compared to the faulty one.

Swapped the lines around and replaced the pre-bent lines with bulk vacuum line. Started engine and let it warm up for a bit and came back to it idling lower where it seems happier putting in gear and stopping from a drive.

Thanks for the help folks and I'll be keeping an eye out for a good scan tool as my budget allows.

BBslider001

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have struggled with this code to no avail. Can you put up a photo of what you replaced? I replaced my IAC with a GM part, replaced all vacuum lines, checked for any other leaks and find one. I am about to the point of pulling the SES light LOL. It runs ok, doesn't miss or anything, and my idle speed is 800 in Drive and 1000 in Park. I figured that is high. Anyone have any ideas? This is a maddening issue and not easily fixed it seems. Funny thing is, code calls for AUXILARY IAC, which we do not have SMFH

Any input would be greatly appreciated. I started my own thread, but not many replies over there.

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
I have struggled with this code to no avail. Can you put up a photo of what you replaced? I replaced my IAC with a GM part, replaced all vacuum lines, checked for any other leaks and find one. I am about to the point of pulling the SES light LOL. It runs ok, doesn't miss or anything, and my idle speed is 800 in Drive and 1000 in Park. I figured that is high. Anyone have any ideas? This is a maddening issue and not easily fixed it seems. Funny thing is, code calls for AUXILARY IAC, which we do not have SMFH

Any input would be greatly appreciated. I started my own thread, but not many replies over there.
I replied to your thread on this. Will try to grab a picture of it tomorrow.

RedBurb

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought a Snap-On Solus Pro used, from eBay. $350 shipped to my door, including battery, battery charger, user manuals on DVD, several vehicle adapters 'n' cables, software good to 2007 (8.2, released in 2008, 2nd quarter) and a bigass suitcase to store it all in.
General Schurkey ---I'm following your lead and have decided to also buy a Solus Pro. I have my eye on a SP that has 11.4 version software, the battery and charging cables, the OBD plugs and cables, but does NOT include any "keys." From what I can tell there are +-30 different "personality keys" available for the Solus Pro. I'll probably never use the majority of them but I'm particularly interested in knowing which specific keys are used on '97 Sub K2500s? I understand you also own such a beast. Can you advise? Thanks!

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
General Schurkey ---I'm following your lead and have decided to also buy a Solus Pro. I have my eye on a SP that has 11.4 version software, the battery and charging cables, the OBD plugs and cables, but does NOT include any "keys." From what I can tell there are +-30 different "personality keys" available for the Solus Pro. I'll probably never use the majority of them but I'm particularly interested in knowing which specific keys are used on '97 Sub K2500s? I understand you also own such a beast. Can you advise? Thanks!
K9 is popular with various GM applications.
K25 is needed for ABS on my '97 K2500, and no doubt others.
Yes, there's a small pile of "Personality Keys" available and required for various applications. I haven't checked the Snappy catalog, but I bet there's 50 or maybe more.

I know that software version 14.2 allows ABS "automated bleeding" on my '97 and 8.2 does not. I have heard--but not verified--that auto bleed was added on or before 2010 software. Please let us know if autobleed for '97 is available on your machine.

RedBurb

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, there's a small pile of "Personality Keys" available and required for various applications. I haven't checked the Snappy catalog, but I bet there's 50 or maybe more.

I know that software version 14.2 allows ABS "automated bleeding" on my '97 and 8.2 does not. I have heard--but not verified--that auto bleed was added on or before 2010 software. Please let us know if autobleed for '97 is available on your machine.

I found this Snap on pdf link. Check out page 29

RedBurb

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score

Schurkey ---I received the Solus Pro Version 13.2 (released sometime in 2013) ---I believe this version DOES support ABS. When I enter the "ABS Service" screen, it prompts to insert the K-25 P key. Unfortunately I don't have the K25 to fully test it. I'll try to find a K25 and report out.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
13.2 is software released in 2013 (13), second quarter (.2). Likely accommodates (VIN-specific) vehicles made up to 2012. (Generic service for newer vehicles, but who cares about that?)

You're gonna love it.