95 K1500 Silverado Tire and Wheel Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mistaake

Reaction score
Currently my stock K1500 is riding on a worn out set of Fuzion 265/75R16 tires the previous owner installed about 2 years ago on the stock wheels.

I am thinking of buying 17" stock wheels from a GMT900 truck/SUV to upgrade the look of my truck for cheap. A tire place will give me a free set of brand new name brand tires of any size of my choosing (within reason, I'm pretty sure I can't ask for 50" mud tires LOL) but I think I have to pick the size today.

If I use a tire size calculator website 265/70R17 is the exact same overall size as my current tires, but for the 17" wheels. I can get factory GM steel 17" wheels for cheap (picture below), and I'd consider painting them black to get the look of the wheels they have on Tahoe PPVs with the black wheels with the silver center caps (I love that look). Alternately, I could get the fancier alloy 17" wheels that came stock on some GMT900s (also pictured).

Is that 265/70R17 the best option for size? Or is there something else I should consider. I want to do a torsion bar leveling kit, but currently I have no rubbing so I figure going with the same size tire on the 17" wheels should work fine the way it sits right now.

Also, I don't quite understand offset and backspacing. Are the GMT900 wheels going to stick out further than the GMT400 wheels? Will this cause me any trouble?

Thank you for your help!

These are the ones I can get super cheap locally:

You must be registered for see images attach

This is an alternate option:

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited: