94 K1500 blowing 4wd fuse on startup.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CanadianNorth

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I'm guessing this is a short somewhere - but I wanted to ask for help as it sounds different than most things I've read about 4wd and fuses.

The truck is a well maintained 1994 K1500 4.3L with automatic trans.
The 4wd blew a fuse a few weeks ago, I replaced it, and all was good. A few days ago the same issue happened, but she keeps blowing fuses.

Reading up on things, I disconnected the 4WD solenoid/actuator in the front differential, hoping that was the issue. But the fuses keep blowing.
I also realized today, as I looked for worn wires down around that connection, that as soon as I turn the ignition key the 4wd fuse will blow, before I even try to put it in 4wd low or high.

Any suggestions on this one? I have a haynes manual for the c/k 1500 series but it doesn't have any wiring schematic for the 4wd system that I can see.

thanks

Last edited:

firestoness

Reaction score
That circuit goes to the transfer case too. I also remember a loose spade connector in the far back corner of the engine compartment by the brake booster that isn't connected to anything. Make sure that isn't touching metal