94 k1500 5.7 rough idle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

3quarter

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
if the ignition parts arent ac delco, your gonna have problems... 88-98's HATE everything but delco

vipergtrdj

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The plugs I got are AC Delco, cap and rotor is Accel, wires are Xact 8mm (guy I always deal with advance said these wires are good for this year).

TruckinAin4Sissies

L.E.D. Whisperer
Reaction score
Sorry, Fuel filter is new as well. I redid the entire fuel system - the only thing I left out is the vent line from the sending unit to the charcoal canister (evap system).

Also all the body panels were replaced due to 160k miles in New England, and rust loves to eat metal lol

BTW Truckin - nice rides ;)

Thanks! As far as wiring diagrams: I posted a "couple" on Southern Pride's treads HERE

vipergtrdj

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
change the cap, rotor, and wires..

The guy works at Advance, and not GM for a reason..

haha ok. The wires will have to wait till next week since they were given to me for free. The cap and rotor I can bring back tomorrow night, granted the weather is nicer then down pouring like it is right now...

Advance sells AC Delco I am assuming ?

vipergtrdj

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was just looking under the "Tune Up Parts Number" thread and they do not list a Delco wires (unless Bosch is Delco). Anyone know what the part number is so when I head out to the parts store I make sure I get the right part?

Also I am going to replace the ignition coil (just to cover it), should that be Delco as well or is MSD better ?

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
just go with a replacement coil ,standard is the common brand and wires just ask for delco wires or standard brand just like the coil,or denso wires thats what i have on my truck now no issues with them

Last edited:

vipergtrdj

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
just go with a replacement coil ,standard is the common brand and wires just ask for delco wires or standard brand just like the coil,or denso wires thats what i have on my truck now no issues with them

ok thanks a ton, I am going to head to hte parts store in the morning to pick up the stuff so after work I can work on getting her running good. I want to make sure she is road worthy before I register it and get new plates.

Also - I checked the part number of the spark plug wires, and even tho they appear to fit snug, they do not "fit" a 94 chevy K1500 (according to advance, and other online sources). So I am gonna have to let my friend know, he picked them up for his '87 3/4ton 350, and we were thinking since they were both 350s that it would work.

The part number for the 87 3/4ton spark plug wires from Xact is 2946, while the Xact is 3117. Clearly they are different, not sure how different, but they are. So I will be returning the cap and rotor, and picking up Delco brand cap and rotor, along with new set of wires, and also a new coil (might as well since I am doing everything else).

Toms94z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had an Accel cap and rotor on my truck for 60k miles, just changed it last week, any cap and rotor that uses brass contacts are good, the bwd select seems to be a little heavy and better construction then the accel. I've worked in parts stores for yrs and for the most part the house wires no matter the brand seem to not last long at all before they bleed spark out everywhere. if you aren't getting accdelco wires, the Accel 8mm are pretty good, and I had to order them when I worked at advance, but the Mallory wires i got for about $40 have been great, and I've had them on for about 50k now.

vipergtrdj

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sorry to have taken so long to get back - I managed to get it running great :) It turned out to be the coil, it looks like the stock one was still there, it was still riveted to the brackets. All I did was swap out the ignition coil and it started right up and runs great. So I went ahead and replaced it with an MSD one. Now it runs amazing, so much better then before.