94 c1500 starting problems ?? need help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

g_0115

Reaction score
okay so i ran into a starting issue on my 94 chevy 350 ill crank it and i hear the starter crank but slowly and i mainly hear the spark like the solenoid working so i replaced the starter and it is still having the same issue crank and spark but still doesnt turn on the right way the mechanic also changed the wires because they were also bad battery is new alternator is new basically i ran through the whole charging system just to make sure it was all working everything had ran to the starter so as i said i replaced it still doing the same issue i replaced the starter relay checked the ignition switch its like the starter wont turn over i have no idea what to check next any input would be very helpful thanks

shibbershabber

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did you ever figure this out?

I am having a similar problem that came on suddenly, while troubleshooting a poor idle issue... replaced some parts and BAM! now it wont turn over...

g_0115

Reaction score
Hey shibber I ended up having a bad alternator bad starter and bad wires replaced them all and it fires up perfect
What parts did you replace? Is everything connected correctly?

shibbershabber

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Havent had a chance to dig into it yet, probably just the solenoid as I went out today and it turned just fine... still not starting but its turning again.

Still not sparking, I think when I was replacing my ICM I leaned on something and pulled a wire or something like that. It ran, albeit very poorly before the ICM change... Ive been battling this thing since March.
If I cant get it sorted out this weekend, the local Chevy dealer will charge $99 to diagnose it and he seems more than confident that they can figure it out. We'll see.