94 5.7L stalling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hood93z

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
1994 Chevrolet 5.7L 700R4 ECSB 4x4

Ok truck backfires when cold but when it gets to running temp it stumbles quits pulling, surges, and sometimes dies.

I've replaced: Coolant Temp Sensor, Coolant Temp Sensor Plug, MAP Sensor, Distributer Cap, Rotor Button, Ignition Control Module, Plug from harness to distributer, Fuel Pump Relay, Fuel Filter, and Ignition Coil

Pulled the plugs they were fouled throwing rich exhaust code...

Please somebody help me out been trying to fix this for months now

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sounds like either a timing issue(as far as the back firing) and or a bad O2 sensor and possible bad or in need of adjustment tps sensor

sent from what use to be a great country..

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Gonna sound odd but make sure ALL you main grounds are good, clean and solidly bolted down...

Hood93z

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Have no idea just went out side to crank it.... Acts like it's out of gas but it will start idles high around 1500 then dies

Hood93z

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've changed all the ground straps one of them is an inch wide and securely bolted down....
I know the grounds are very important on these trucks

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You have a vacuum leak. Grab a can of carb clean and spray the base of the TB and the intake where it bolts to the heads. My bet is a big vacuum leak at the intake.

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now so far my plans are fuel pump and timing this week end

I would get a fuel pressure gauge and see what you have, rather than throwing parts at it. Fuel pressure issues could be the pump, but also the regulator. Find somebody with a scanner that will read live data from the ECM. You can then verify what your ECM is seeing, like verifying MAP readings with a vacuum gauge, coolant temp readings with a thermometer, and spark timing with a timing light. That will allow you to truly eliminate possibilities, rather than guess or hope. For the parts and time that you have in this problem so far, you could have had a several hours of an experienced tech's time, who could be much more helpful by being there in person to diagnose the problem than we that are trying to help you from states (or countries) away. Heck, a Tech II scanner and somebody that knows how to use it would be worth their weight in gold in your situation.

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Check your tps before throwing more money at it... All it takes is a volt meter....and a couple minutes.....