92 Blazer A/C

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wildbill0088

haulin' the east coast
Reaction score
Alright so I was messing around with the Blazer earlier and decided to look into the A/C. When I turn it on the compressor clutch does nothing. Where do I start looking here? It is still the old R-12 setup and dunno if it means anything but quite often I'll see all the directional icons on the hvac display blink on and off repeatedly.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since the clutch does not activate my #1 guess is no R-12 in the system. And my old 92 did the random flash too and eventually the HVAC module died

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
one way to check the clutch just to make sure it does still engage and sounds ok is to jump the low pressure switch if the compressor engages and sounds as it should then just charge it up and hope it holds for a while. I'm sure it has a leak or it would be charged, but sometimes you get lucky with that stop leak charge stuff you can get at the parts store. if it charged up but then goes empty quickly you'll have to track down the leak and replace the parts accordingly

Sent from my 6.0 powered android

shelbyt.67

Weirdo
Reaction score
My system was blinkin when my freon was low. After I refilled it, I had to disconnect the neg batt lead to reset the hvac, then my clutch would engage. R12 is super expensive. I would go ahead and switch to R134.

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
it depends, if the hot/cold encoder motor is not switching the doors then that lower arrow section starts flashing, same with the defrost/floor arrow indicators on the left side when that motor or linkage is not functioning right.

when there is a problem with a/c stuff then you also see flashing happen

Wildbill0088

haulin' the east coast
Reaction score
Oh and it does feel like I'm getting airflow out of all the vents, though I'll take that over the heat being stuck on like the flatbed