91 350 idle while in gear problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KReePiN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i had the same problem with my truck.......i replaced cap...rotor.....plugs...wires....iac...it wasnt until i changed the pcv valve that my idle finally went back to normal and sounded healthy

CJ91C1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i replaced 02 sensor and pvc valve no change going to replace pick up coil and tps next i think i might have messed up i cleaned the iac with tb cleaner i read it help then i read some others and it said not to use anything so might have to get another one of those too

KReePiN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i used cleaner on mine also.....it didnt hurt anything......have you replaced your fuel filter?......i would check your base timing also

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I use electronic safe throttle body cleaner on IAC valves, I've never had a problem using it!

CJ91C1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
havent done anything yet but cleaning up the cap and rotor that came on it they were bad, made it a lil better hopefully new cap,rotor,plugs,wires and fuel filter today.

CJ91C1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
little update changed the iac made a little better but not perfect its only doing it when its warmed up now sometimes the rpms stumble so much the oil pressure is 0 and the check gauges like come on its really pissing me off all i want to do is drive it i don't know what to replace next

KReePiN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah man....cause its not good running your motor with the oil pressure dropping that low.....you can smoke your motor real quick

CJ91C1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yea i know its just starting to really piss me off i Googled my problem and i came across a couple people saying that my coolant temp sensor could be causing it ,any thoughts?

KReePiN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah actually ......and all the ground wires that are bolted to your thermostat housing.....unbolt them and clean them with a piece of emery cloth and a wire brush.....clean all the connections real good....clean the bolt that they connect to also....one of mine were broken.....made my truck run like crap big time