88 hvac control not working. Need help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

88chev

Reaction score
I have an 88 rclb with the digital heater control that has stopped working. I took it apart and there is a burned spot in the upper right hand corner of the display. I got one from the jy and tried it but it didnt work either. I took that one apart and it looks the same. Is my truck burning them or did I just get a dud? Also the jy computer says my control has to come out of an 88 do the other years work or is something different?

burkey05

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i'd be checking the harness and wiring that goes to the controller first, make sure its all ok. might be a connection issue.

the later years came with a 'max' and 'recirc' button on the control head and are wired slightly different. also the door actuators are slightly diff. i was looking at swapping to the max or recirc controllers but havn't yet as you'd have to swap or rewire the fresh air door actuator. so in short i'd stick to the earlier control (if you need a new one that is) unless you want to rewire etc

Attachments

• earlier control.JPG
    earlier control.JPG
    1.6 KB · Views: 28
  • recirc.JPG
    recirc.JPG
    19.3 KB · Views: 9
  • max1.JPG
    max1.JPG
    20.2 KB · Views: 7