Hvac control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am needing to replace the HVAC controls in both my 95's. I know they are a 1 year only and I also know the work around to install a 96+. Looking at Rockauto they have a listing for one made by SHEE-MAR. I have never heard of this company. There website says they are a US company and have been around since the 70's. That is all I have found on them. Has anyone used any of there products? Also has any one used the dorman replacement controllers? I know Dorman's quality is hit and miss. If you have Dorman was it worth the money or is it a good paper weight?

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I bought a Dorman 599-006 for a 98 Tahoe three or four years ago. It was stuck in recirc mode and then started smoking all within maybe ten minutes of installation. Yanked it out in record time and went with a new GM part.

I’d buy a broken GM part before anything made by Dorman, lol.

Brandon_Lutz

Reaction score
I replaced mine with this unit 5 years ago: AC Delco Control Panel

However it was not $400 dollars back in 2017. You may want to search on ebay for part #15-72267 to find a better deal. Last time I bought it online it was $143. I guess supply chain issues made the price go up. I have had no issues with my panel though.

*Update Edit*

Advanced Auto shows it has one in stock for shipping to home: Advanced Auto

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The advance auto price is much more appealing then the amazon price. I can't stand the Advance auto in my town but we do have a carquest. I will check and see what they can do for me. Thank you for the GM part number. I haven't had much time the last couple days to get much looked up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahuskwulf