88-89 1pc engine bracket swap question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dagen_1

OBS 4 Me
Reaction score
when going from this:

You must be registered for see images attach

on the 88-89 TBI engines, to the newer style (2 pc design), will the a/c compressor and alternator bolt up? i'm seeing different part numbers online when it comes to the alternators.. just wondering if i have to buy a newer alternator or not. (and god forbid i have to change my new a/c compressor).

the 90-94 brackets for reference:

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
And while you're in there, if you happen to decide to change the pulley on the tensioner...remember the bolt is left hand threaded. :) Probably already know that but it bears repeating so you don't end up having to buy a new tensioner...

Richard

dagen_1

OBS 4 Me
Reaction score
And while you're in there, if you happen to decide to change the pulley on the tensioner...remember the bolt is left hand threaded. :) Probably already know that but it bears repeating so you don't end up having to buy a new tensioner...

Richard

thanks for the reminder.. i'll be changing tensioners and the water pump while im in there. thanks Richard!