'85 GMC 454

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98Murray

Reaction score
Hey everyone, wanted to show off my ol farm truck. This was my first project before I started on my '97 flatbed. This is a 1985 GMC High Sierra 2500 with a 454, 4 speed, 2WD, and only 128k miles. Has been a Texas truck it's entire life, only rust are a couple pin holes in the bottom rear corners of the cab. Both doors and the top of the roof have large dents but they can easily be pulled out, I just have not messed with them. It is beige interior and exterior. Factory down to the block, the 454 was rebuilt in 1995 by my father and has a total of about 40 mins. run time on it. It was broke in back in '95 but after that she sat, unknown reason (everyone I talked to doesn't remember, we had many beige trucks back then and it's hard remembering the specifics on each) In 1998 or so my older brother and a friend of his thought they would get it running. Well the timing was off and it backfired and caught some gas on fire under the hood. No real damage, just a burnt distributor cap and a rust spot on the hood where the paint burned off. Last year I decided to drag it out of the pasture and try to get her going and we got her going! New coil, plugs, carb rebuild, fuel pump, and clutch master cylinder and she runs around the yard. The one good tank is dirty and needs to be cleaned again, I will probably replace it one day. The other tank was rusted out very bad. It still needs more work but it's at the point now where I can hop in turn the key and move it around the yard, not street legal yet. Thats about all on this one right now, have not been working on it much mostly because I don't have a use for it but don't want to sell it so I leave it where it always needs some kind of something to keep me always working on it. No real plans for it right now other than make it street legal, I have not put much thought into what I am going to use it for lol theres a little voice in my head screaming out to shorten it to a short bed and make a nice street truck out of it but I am not that ambitious yet. So yeah anyway thats the story on it. I thought I had more photos of it but this is the only one I can find, I will try and get more soon. The gooseneck hitch is gone and a bed topper has been added since this pic.

You must be registered for see images attach