60/40 bench seat fold down armrest swap to a fold down console?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sierra97

Reaction score
i have 2 60/40 bench seats, both grey in colour, for my 97 sierra, one is in amazing shape, but has a fold down center armrest, the other, which is original to my truck, has worn foam, ripped cloth and is dirty, but has a fold down center storage console that still works great, question is, are the fold down armrests interchangable? has anyone done this and can give me some tips? I put the better seat in my truck but really miss the storage console

TexasTeal95

Reaction score
I would like to know if they are interchangeable as well. I have a 95 with a 60/40 seat and would like a fold down armrest with storage like my buddy's 98 had.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are interchangeable. The passenger side you have to pop off the cover on the arm rest an remove some screws. The Dr side has a ball an socket that you have to pop out. It takes quite a bit to get it loose. I have a storage one that I'm going to put on my seat to but I've got to fix the latch on it first....

TexasTeal95

Reaction score
bluex, thanks for the reply. That info will help me out a lot as well as sierra97 I'm sure. Now all I have to do is locate an armrest with storage compartment to do the swap lol.

sierra97

Reaction score
thanks that helps alot, only thing is, there is a cover that can be un screwed on the fold down storage console, but on the fold down armrest, it doesnt have a cover, its all fabric, so i was skeptical on it first because i didn't want to cut up my good fabric if they were not interchangable, and if there is a socket and ball on the drivers side, how hard is it to pop it back in on the new seat?

Last edited: