6.5 TD Towing improves

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

haggus99

Reaction score
I have just had the chance to finally tow with my truck. After the HO water pump, FTB, walbro fuel pump, D-Max, fan, custom tune, and Hayden clutch mods. What a difference at least 20- 35 Kph more speed up the same grades EGT went to 950 F and eng temp stayed below 100 C the whole way kept the RPM in the 2000 -2500 range it's still no Cummins or D-Max but for the first time since I owned this truck I actually spent more time focused on the road than on my gauges.The third gear TCC lock up in the tune is nice to.

The last time I made this trip EGT were fast to 1100+ and temp was over 100 C and power was abysmal I literally couldn't keep 50 Kph going up a hill while towing.

Makes me think how much more benefit I could get out of an ATT or Holset. Not sure what kind of mileage I was getting probably not great but I am sure satisfied with this run it's nice to have some confidence in your ride when towing. Now I must go knock on wood because she will probably friggin detonate on me next time I drive her.