5.7 vortec hesitation and bog HELP *FIXED*

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm going to try new injectors before replacing the new pump again
How about testing the voltage near the pump, with the pump running--to assure it's not starving for electrical power?

When you installed the "new" pump, did you also install an in-tank wire harness? They're known for corrosion.

swapping the injectors is not going to increase the fuel pressure when the fuel pump creates the pressure.
Agreed.

travis mattson

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about testing the voltage near the pump, with the pump running--to assure it's not starving for electrical power?

When you installed the "new" pump, did you also install an in-tank wire harness? They're known for corrosion.

Agreed.
I put new standard ignition injectors in and upstream 02s and runs great, no check engine light. Awesome power and throttle response.

travis mattson

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I put new standard ignition injectors in and upstream 02s and runs great, no check engine light. Awesome power and throttle response.
I did also put a new fuel filter last weekend when this came about, it did have the old **** poppet injectors in still. Basically crumbled apart when I took them out

thegawd

I'm Done!
Reaction score
right on! so you got er running but you also know that the fuel pressure is low.... get that fixed and I bet your truck will act like a new truck with tonnes of power!

that happened to me twice, once when I first redid the fuel system on the burb and then again when I put a new break booster in. it's a great feeling to feel that power restored!

CHEERS!

Al