4l60e Pan size?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dowsewashere

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im getting the parts together for the filter and fluid change in my 4l60e in a 1998 Chevrolet Tahoe. Went up to Advance autoparts and apperently there are two different setups. i know i have the 4l60e so a 16 bolt pan gasket.
BUT! the filters go one two different depths for the pan itself. 2 and 1/4 inch depth and a 2 7/8 inch deep pan... Im not worried about price but i want to know which is mine so i dont have to drop the pan, have dumped alot of the atf and then realize its not the right filter.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Buy both, return the one that does not fit....make sure you can return the unused one first.

:)

IOWNJUNK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Doing the same thing soon. Good to hear it will require a minimum of 2 trips to the parts store to get it done. I will probably just remove everything and have the parts matched at the counter when I do mine. Hard to do if your Tahoe is your only vehicle.