4/6 drop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97Bowtie1106

it's not a lowrider!!!
Reaction score
you dont have to notch for the tie rods(or atleast I didnt have to with my 5/8). Ive heard of people doing this if they use arms and coils. I had 2" spindles and 3" Coils for the front and 6" flip and 2" shackles for the rear. You will need to notch the bed support for the pumpkin. Also you might want to tub the front or cut some of it out because you may rub quiet a bit. You will need to have your y-pipe raised which is really cheap to have someone do. Roll your fender lips to prevent anymore rubbing. You will want a good set of shocks too. I think thats about everything lol

CodyB

Grease Monkey
Reaction score
About what did you guys spend for a 4-6 with a set of shocks, and what kit / shock combo did you go with?

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
4/6 on 275/40/20 Fronts and 275/45/20 Rears

You must be registered for see images attach

Current: 4/7 (added a shackle) on 275/40/20 Fronts and 275/45/20 Rears

You must be registered for see images attach

97Bowtie1106

it's not a lowrider!!!
Reaction score
About what did you guys spend for a 4-6 with a set of shocks, and what kit / shock combo did you go with?

i think my 5/8 was around $700 with shocks back in 05 and my 4/6 with doestsch shocks was about $600ish. Both were DJM. Im mixing it up on the cc though. Im going with 2" DJM Spindles, 3" Beltech Coils, Beltech Flip Kit, and Beltech Shackles with Summit Sport Truck shocks which are rebranded doetschs

CodyB

Grease Monkey
Reaction score
Is there any benefit to spindles versus LCA's other than price?

And if any of you guys still tow with a 4/6 or more, did you need to add any helper system or am I trying to do the work of a 2500 with a 1500 (overloading mine, Ive experienced problems with only a 2" shackle...)

97Bowtie1106

it's not a lowrider!!!
Reaction score
go with spindles because LCA's plus coils is not good for your alignment and it will probably never be right.

I dont tow but I would recommend getting a helper setup

Carlos S

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
yo hollywood do you have any pics of that 2 door with that drop of yours