4.3L V6 intact manifold upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kobo_Dyger

Reaction score
I have a 98 4.3 vortec 5 speed I'm rebuilding slowly.
After blowing the intake pressure sensor and maybe the gasket, I've looked in to new injectors (sence there 20 years old) for when I do the gasket.
Gm never upgraded to a better injector setup for the V6, so I've been thinking about a new intake with separate injector ports. Anyone have experience with marine grade intakes or edelbrock?

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a 98 4.3 vortec 5 speed I'm rebuilding slowly.
After blowing the intake pressure sensor and maybe the gasket, I've looked in to new injectors (sence there 20 years old) for when I do the gasket.
Gm never upgraded to a better injector setup for the V6, so I've been thinking about a new intake with separate injector ports. Anyone have experience with marine grade intakes or edelbrock?

The V6 spiders are actually the first ones they upgraded while the V6 was still being produced in trucks.

That being said, EBAY tends to have ALOT of new take off marine intakes, complete with fuel rails and injectors. The conversion to make that intake work will cost you though.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
As previously mentioned, GM did upgrade the V6 spiders just like the V8s. If you're looking for more fuel than the factory 19lb injectors can provide, Wynjammer makes the spiders with larger injectors. Expensive, but might be cheaper than the marine intake swap to accomplish a similar goal. I haven't checked marine intake prices in a while.

http://www.wynjammer.com/Vortec_Fuel_Injection_System.html

I did a little bit of research into building up a 4.3L V6 for my red truck but eventually decided to just wait until it gives up and replace it with an LQ4 6.0L V8.

Kobo_Dyger

Reaction score
As previously mentioned, GM did upgrade the V6 spiders just like the V8s. If you're looking for more fuel than the factory 19lb injectors can provide, Wynjammer makes the spiders with larger injectors. Expensive, but might be cheaper than the marine intake swap to accomplish a similar goal. I haven't checked marine intake prices in a while.

http://www.wynjammer.com/Vortec_Fuel_Injection_System.html

I did a little bit of research into building up a 4.3L V6 for my red truck but eventually decided to just wait until it gives up and replace it with an LQ4 6.0L V8.
Thanks for the link. My main goal for the 4.3L is fuel economy and reliability.
The spider injector setup is the number one thing people tell me they hate about the vortecs. After I had a injector break (different truck) on me during installation, I understood why.
Getting a different intake manifold is more appealing, sence I'm bulletproofing per say then getting tuned by black bear.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the link. My main goal for the 4.3L is fuel economy and reliability.
The spider injector setup is the number one thing people tell me they hate about the vortecs. After I had a injector break (different truck) on me during installation, I understood why.
Getting a different intake manifold is more appealing, sence I'm bulletproofing per say then getting tuned by black bear.

The 4.3 manifolds are not that expensive, but need the same modifications and adaption that the V8 manifolds do. You will be in it roughly $800-1,000 for a full swap. I can see doing the marine intake if you have a modified 350. With a 4.3, you are better to just spend the same money and swap a 4.8, 5.3 or even 6.0L into the truck. 4.3 in a truck really does not do any better MPG than a 5.7 or 6.0L in the same truck. The 8.1 I put into my Tahoe gets roughly the same fuel mileage as the stock 350 Tahoe and cammed 305 I had in that Tahoe before the 8.1. The cammed 8.1 has gotten as much as 18 mpg highway

Kobo_Dyger

Reaction score
The 4.3 manifolds are not that expensive, but need the same modifications and adaption that the V8 manifolds do. You will be in it roughly $800-1,000 for a full swap. I can see doing the marine intake if you have a modified 350. With a 4.3, you are better to just spend the same money and swap a 4.8, 5.3 or even 6.0L into the truck. 4.3 in a truck really does not do any better MPG than a 5.7 or 6.0L in the same truck. The 8.1 I put into my Tahoe gets roughly the same fuel mileage as the stock 350 Tahoe and cammed 305 I had in that Tahoe before the 8.1. The cammed 8.1 has gotten as much as 18 mpg highway
Kudos for the 8100 swap. I have three 350s, if I need a power house I got chooses. When I got the 4.3L it was mostly for the manual, but found I got 5 more mpg then my 305. Having a mpg focased runner that still can get used and abused once and a will is something I'm will to tinker with.