350 tbi oil pressure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JPVortex

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is handy to have in the shop for quick peace of mind until you fix the cluster/sender problem.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
What do you mean exactly? Like bring it to a mechanic?

I wont do that, I do all work myself.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What do you mean exactly? Like bring it to a mechanic?
I think he means for you to buy the gauge set.

As for the fitting, go to a store like Lowe's or Tractor Supply and find a street elbow that will work. You can get a Sensor, not a Switch, for an 88 - 91 (IIRC) and connector for it.

JPVortex

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think he means for you to buy the gauge set.

As for the fitting, go to a store like Lowe's or Tractor Supply and find a street elbow that will work. You can get a Sensor, not a Switch, for an 88 - 91 (IIRC) and connector for it.
Ok thank you!

JPVortex

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Could I also just attach an oem fitting with a new switch and run the wires from the dizzy one to the new sensor?

JPVortex

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Why don't you just replace the Sensor on the China Rail?
Im confused, is there multiple sensors on the engine that are used? I

I thought that the one that was used is up by the distributor and the other ones are plugged off?. It is a 1994 truck if that matters. 350 engine.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought that the one that was used is up by the distributor and the other ones are plugged off?. It is a 1994 truck if that matters. 350 engine.
Yes, and that's why I said older TBIs use the sensor by the filter housing and the switch for the fuel pump on the China Rail. Your 94 uses a 3-wire Sensor for the gauge and the fuel pump.

JPVortex

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes, and that's why I said older TBIs use the sensor by the filter housing and the switch for the fuel pump on the China Rail. Your 94 uses a 3-wire Sensor for the gauge and the fuel pump.
Ah gotcha, so only one sensor.