3/4 ton exhaust on 99 two door tahoe question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smitty1

Reaction score
I have searched, but no answer trying to find out if the complete exhaust system from a 99 3/4 ton will bolt up on my 99 two door Tahoe, I am thinking the pipes from the converter to muffler will need to be cut, has anyone used this exhaust, and is it worth the effort/money? Thanks in advance--mark

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Not sure what you're spending on it, but it does have bigger head pipes. It will require shortening and possibly some hangers but will be an upgrade if you're getting the catted section with it.

smitty1

Reaction score
Ive got the head pipe with cats, still wondering if I should fab up the rest, or just buy the OEM setup, provided it will fit? Rather run true duals though, pretty sure I have the room under there, I have access to mandrel exhaust bender, etc. probably looking at $400 total. Just wondering has anyone tried it, or would long tubes be better, no race truck, tow with it on occasion, nothing major

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
The dinky 1-7/8" head pipes and cats restrict flow on half ton L31's. The bigger pipes and cats absolutely help make better power. If the cats you have are shot though, there is no point in running them if you have to pass emissions. The rest of the system would have to be hacked up to fit under your rig, regardless of the cab/bed/wheelbase configuration of the 2500 donor truck.