3/4 questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dusterbd13

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i just bought the 3 inch coils and 4 inch rear drop that dropped93 had for sale.

its all DJM stuff.

i know since im bolting it to an ECLB, that some things will need to be added for the rear kit.

what size carrier bearing spacer will i need to make?
belltech sends some pinion shims with their extended cab kit. do i need thise with the DJM? if so, what size?

lastly, i drive a bunch of miles a week in this truck (been known to do 2000 in a week a couple of times a year). i know that with a drop like this, im going to need shocks.

i dont want anything too stiff, as i like a very cushy ride these days, so i was thinking about monroes or bilsteins. anyone know what application id have to order the shocks for from the parts store? i know the guys around here wont be able to look up lengths or anything.

also, any tips, tricks, or suggestions for these parts? im assuming coils on a fullsize are similar to coils on s10, dodge dakotas, chevelles, etc. ive done those before, but never a fullsize.

what about the rear? what am i looking at for that? i read the DJM directions on theior website, but they suck pretty bad. so, any tips or how-tos?

thanks in advance
Michael

BHBurban

GMT 1600
Reaction score
Make your life easy, pull the bed off (or at least slide it back) to do the front spring hangers. Cut an x in the rivets that hold the hangers on with a cutoff wheel, then grind the heads off with a 4" grinder, pound out the body of the rivets with a 5lb sledge.

NORCAL SS

Preferred Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
im VERY good friends with mike and mark at djm since I cnc the trailblazer control arms for them now :)

rear shocks i would change out and fronts also since its a much shorter spring. I have great deals with them so if you need anything just hollar.