2000 rear end

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

93 Jay 2wd

Reaction score
Hi I have a 93 Chevy c1500 2wd, I wanna know if a 2000 Silverado rearend will bolt right
Up? I found one with 373 and posi. Since my rear end has 300k miles on it. Not gonna last
Much longer

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If it is out of a NBS, No. The spring pads are in the wrong place and they are like 3" wider-not to mention 6 lugs. If you are changing over to 6 lugs anyway, just relocate the spring pads and fab up shock mounts, E-brake cables, and hydraulics.

93 Jay 2wd

Reaction score
If it is out of a NBS, No. The spring pads are in the wrong place and they are like 3" wider-not to mention 6 lugs. If you are changing over to 6 lugs anyway, just relocate the spring pads and fab up shock mounts, E-brake cables, and hydraulics.

Its a 5 lug axle

93 Jay 2wd

Reaction score
2000 Silverado

5 lug axle

No. Pick one or the other; it isn't both.

Richard

I've seen pics its a 5 lug and so is my 93. Weather or not the rear end is out of a 2000 Silverado I dont know, that's what the guy says its out of who's selling it

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Without knowing what it is, you can't identify it by what it's installed in. If it's installed in a 2000 Silverado then what ccreddell said about the spring perches applies. Width will still be in question, but you can measure that yourself from wheel mounting surface to wheel mounting surface, compared between your truck and the seller's.

But make no mistake: no GMT800 truck came with a 5 lug rear. Period.

Additionally, it won't be posi unless it's an aftermarket actual posi unit. If it's the GM unit it is the Eaton Gov-Loc, which is a locker, and not a great one.

Richard

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If its a 5 lug, its possible that it is out of a 2WD Tahoe/Yukon/Denali/Escalade (actually, im not sure they made 2WDs of the last two) which makes it a GMT400. Other than that, its either a GMT800, or its not a 2000. Oh! One other possibility is a Mexican market truck. But, because the info you are giving isnt adding up, at this point we have no idea what the rear end came out of. So, you will need to measure width and the distance between spring perches at the least. My opinion is you have a rear end that you know works. I would have yours rebuilt withe gears and posi you want and drive it another 300,000.

GMC Burbalade

Busy slacking
Reaction score
2000 Tahoe and Yukon were 6 lug GMT800 except for the Tahoe Z71, Tahoe Limited, and Yukon Denali which were still GMT400 as well as the Escalade.

Z71, Denali, and Escalade all had standard 4x4. Only 2WD 1/2 ton GMT400 I'm aware of being available for the 2000 model year was the Tahoe Limited.

But if it's a Silverado, it's not a Tahoe Limited.