2000 K2500 Crew L31

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sierra

In pieces!
Reaction score
Good looking truck. A crew cab short bed is my dream truck as well. A crew cab is only thing I would get rid of my ext cab for. 2x4 of course. I'm not big of 4x4s

GTOken

Reaction score
It took me a while too to learn exactly what engine I have. I knew it was a 350 but not sure of anything else about it. Now I usually just say L31. In a way I wish it did have a big block because its a total dog of an engine in a truck this heavy. Right not I'm in the middle of installing a ZZ4 cam and Edelbrock headers. Looks like I will be also buying EFI Live and learning how to do some programming. Im a little bit scared if I can do the programming. I'm sure I will get a lot of help from others that have done this.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thats weird because one of my friends has a ccsb gmc with a 350 vortec and he says its a total dog too. i wouldnt think the extra bit of cab would slow it down that much.

Cajun4x4

The Green Seal
Reaction score
thats weird because one of my friends has a ccsb gmc with a 350 vortec and he says its a total dog too. i wouldnt think the extra bit of cab would slow it down that much.

the frame on these 3/4 ton obs are pretty much twice as thick as a half ton not to mention all the running gear is beefier etc, then yes you have to figure in the extra cab weight... ive heard the same thing about 3/4s with 350s, just underpowered like a sum *****. my 454 has noice power...even with the big truck its still quicker than a 1/2 ton extsb with a 350