2 inch lift from O'Reillys?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shelbyt.67

Weirdo
Reaction score
Personally I'm not a big fan of monster lifts fer a DD. I don't do a any deep mud or severe articulating. Just random off road trails an stuff.

1996k1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
imo?
And yeah i knew it would stress something. Oh well. Just get an alignment afterwards and i think itll be fine for awhile. It has 196000 miles on it. I'll probably drive it till 215000 before i get a new one. so its fine by me lol

1996k1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ahhh. okay. yeah im just gonna say piss on it and get the 3/4 or 1 ton torsion bars and leafs and put them on my truck. itll all break sooner or later. Thanks though

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
no blocks are solid. they all have holes in them.

alum. ones crack we had a set do it for no reason.

cheap lift, get blocks or add a leafs then crank WHAT YOU HAVE!!!!!!

no real need in heavier bars and such unless yours won't crank any at all right now.

keys do nothing, and that kit is mostly an overpriced key crank which you can do for free.

shelbyt.67

Weirdo
Reaction score
Yeah, u can do full crank w/ blocks. Thatz the super cheap method. Personally I like havin more flexibility by havin bigger spring/bars.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Ive had no issue with my aluminum blocks and ive done heavy offroading and hauled heavy loads with it

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Yeah, u can do full crank w/ blocks. Thatz the super cheap method. Personally I like havin more flexibility by havin bigger spring/bars.

You can crank factory keys/bars to the droop stops unless your extremely worn. so actually changing either key or bar will just cause you to get it to the same height with less crank. but your angles will be the same. so it really does no good to add heavy duty bars or keys to a gmt400. I hope i explained this good enough.

Ive had no issue with my aluminum blocks and ive done heavy offroading and hauled heavy loads with it

i had 3" aluminum blocks on my 94 and they eventually squashed and cracked. i bought metal painted blocks from advanced auto. but then changed those for good metal tapered blocks.