2/4 to a 4/6 Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lewis1129

Reaction score
I currently have a 2/4 belltech kit on my truck. I do not have the original spring hangers that I took off to put on the drop hangers. Is there anyway to get the 4/6 and use the drop hangers. I really hate to spend $100+ each on new stock hangers. I didn’t pay that much for the whole 2/4 kit. I’m going with a set of belltech spindles and a flip kit. Anybody got some hangers laying around they want to get rid of?

10mm Nut

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rockauto has some aftermarket ones for under 60 each. I know you're looking for used ones, I am just throwing that out there in case you come up empty.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can you not use adjustable shackles to get the drop you want? Every time I've been involved in a hangar swap there's been cursing and a grinder...

10mm Nut

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you not use adjustable shackles to get the drop you want? Every time I've been involved in a hangar swap there's been cursing and a grinder...

He already has drop shackles and hangers with his 4 drop kit. He needs to go back to stock shackles and hangers then do the flip kit to get his 6 inch drop. Changing the current hangers won't be any drama since he's already got replacement hangers (bolted) to start with.

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
He already has drop shackles and hangers with his 4 drop kit. He needs to go back to stock shackles and hangers then do the flip kit to get his 6 inch drop. Changing the current hangers won't be any drama since he's already got replacement hangers (bolted) to start with.

The keyword to 618's statement was the very last one: "grinder"
His hangers wouldn't be savable, due the use of the grinder.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What I was meaning is to pick up the 2 inches the hanger drops with the shackles, but you're right, it shouldn't be too hard to swap.

And yes, I've never been able to remove factory hangers in reusable condition.

10mm Nut

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
From this point forward there won't be any need for grinders since he already did the hard part when he removed the originals.

He just needs a pair of stock hanger and he can bolt them in place of the Belltech hangers. That's why I responded initially that if he can't find any used ones they are available new. I scrapped all the ones I've had around here which is a shame because I don't grind the original ones off so they are still plenty reusable but I've never had anyone looking for any before.

Last edited:

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
...but I've never had anyone looking for any before.

Anyone & damn near everyone that's done a 2/4, never keep their stock hangars. But eventually, they will be on the look-out for some when they finally realize that...
2/4 AIN'T ENOUGH!
It ain't. It just ain't!
Close. But no cigar.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From this point forward there won't be any need for grinders since he already did the hard part when he removed the originals.

He just needs a pair of stock hanger and he can bolt them in place of the Belltech hangers. That's why I responded initially that if he can't find any used ones they are available new. I scrapped all the ones I've had around here which is a shame because I don't grind the original ones off so they are still plenty reusable but I've never had anyone looking for any before.
You must live somewhere where rust isn't a thing...