1999 k1500 suburban SJCA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

efeezhee

Reaction score
Here's another quick update. New parts! this time its an interior/comfort upgrade. I've been driving the truck around these past few weeks. I've been really wanting a backup camera lately. So I took the truck to auto sound and security and had a 6 inch Pioneer DVD in dash installed along with a rear back up camera. Definitely a great upgrade I recommend for everyone to get. I also got the bypass installed so we can watch movies and play music videos while driving. The wife and kid love it. I also bought a MossyOak steering wheel cover and some new floor mats. :)

You must be registered for see images attach

I want to upgrade the speakers in the doors and the 4 x 10 speakers in the future.

efeezhee

Reaction score
How much did you pay to have the double din installed if you don't mind me asking

Hello purefection, I don't mind at all. I paid about $500 for everything installed. I didn't ask the shop for a breakdown. But I thought it was reasonable for the labor involved. Rear camera is mounted under the rear bumper. It's great when I'm backing up. I find myself not using my rear view at all. I highly recommend it. :)

efeezhee408

Reaction score
It’s been 6 years since I last posted. I am proud to say the truck is still with me. I had to replace some parts over the years. The 38 inch tires beat the steering box up the point where I had to have it replaced. I also had to replace the upper camber bolts. The 38s also blew out the shocks which in turn gave the tires some really bad cupping. I replaced them with 35 inch falken wild peaks.

Also replaced the shocks with bilstein 5100. The truck has a softer ride now.

I got the ice blue LEDs and weather tech mats. I have been following a lot of the guys on YouTube. Shout out to badz71 and 1road. They inspired me to killmat the doors and install LEDs in the gauges and interior lights. Big upgrade for a small price. Thanks to them for their videos.

I ordered some ANZO taillights. Nothing crazy. My original ones were sun rotted.

Also ordered these LED reverse lights from amazon. They are brighter but not by much. Worth it? 10 on Amazon. Yes.

I also had to replace the alternator and went with an original AC Delco.

With these parts the truck is much quieter on highway. I have noticed with the smaller 35 inch tires my rpms are around 2,200 on highway cruising speeds with my 456 gears. I also removed the vortec intake rear box. I didn’t notice any sound or performance changes with it out so I just left it out.

future I plan get a go rhino 3090b push bar but I have 3 inch body lift. I’m going to modify it to fit iff I have to. Please let me know if anyone here has done it. I would love to see a how they did it.

Thank you to everyone here and thank you GMT400 forum. This forum has been keeping my truck alive and hauling my family everywhere.

Last edited: